_____________________________________________________________________________________________

HOME | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN'
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Aisuru Sushi

When I come back to Perth I find eating out so hit and miss - it's near impossible to find somewhere that has anything resembling service or a price that reflects the actual standard of the food. You can pretty much add at least $5-10 to the prices you get in Melbourne and most of the time the food is worse quality. So, if I haven't made myself clear, I've got pretty low expectations.

So when my friend Elly wanted to take me to a new sushi joint that has popped up in Northbridge, I thought what's the worst that could happen? Well it turns out the worst that could happen is getting mugged and raped on the way there, as we had to walk through Perth's 'Fed Square' on our way from the carpark, which is possibly the scariest bit of Perth I've had to walk through.

This one guy spent the whole night putting bottles of sauce into other bottles of sauce. What a legend.

I was very relieved to arrive at the clean haven among the kebabs and karaoke that is Aisuru Sushi. The decor and fit out is really neat and open - you can see everything being made as well as lots of blowtorch use for the enthusiasts among us. We managed to score a prime seat at the counter.


Elly giggling away

Sweet Corn Tempura

Grilled Scallop and Avocado Roll

Plum Flower Roll - Teriyaki Chicken and Avocado Roll with Plum Sauce


They have so much sushi to choice from and I'm not normally a huge raw fish fan but it was so fresh I couldn't resist. My favourite sushi was the 'Dynamite Roll' with spicy sashimi tuna with a chili japanese mayo style sauce on top. I didn't even manage to get a picture of it before I devoured it so sorrryyyy. Overall the meal was pretty expensive - 72 bucks for 8 dishes between two people (no alcohol, 4 pieces of sushi was around $11) including $4something for a coke and $3 for a green tea which was a bit steep but in Perth you can't be picky - as long as it's selling good fresh food and good service (taking orders with iPads, yehhhhh) I'm pretty happy. And the maitre d' recognised my friend by her YSL ring meaning he is either really observational or gay or both, but she was happy. I'll definitely be back and ready to try more sashimi dishes and maybe even the banana dessert maki!

Aisuru Sushi
8/10
Pros: Good fresh food, fast and friendly service.
Cons: Expensive for drinks, wouldn't go there in a group more than 3 people, no tap water


Bec xx

No comments:

Post a Comment