_____________________________________________________________________________________________

HOME | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN'
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 10 June 2012

Getting Creative With Brownies

I came back to Perth for a sneaky weekend and the weather is freakin' worse than Melbourne. It was such a wintry day today - cold and windy, with tree branches trashed all over the road - so I decided to make brownies using my favourite recipe from Gourmet Chick. It doesn't use any real chocolate which is good because they last for ages (like literally 2 weeks out of the fridge... if not longer... I don't know how hygienically safe it is to push it any longer) and it tastes more fudgety and I don't have to go buy chocolate or chop it!

Because all my friends  and family are in exams (well, my dad is the only member of the family who is free but he is busy sending emails 'From My iPad'), I have a super amount of time were I can't really make any noise so I decided to get creative with icing sugar. The result:




I made a stencil out of a bit of card and viola! The most professional-looking bit of baking I have ever done. 

Ingredients 
1 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup cocoa
2 cups caster sugar
4 eggs
1 cup plain flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt


1. Put it all in a bowl and mix.

2. Put into a greased tin and bake for 20-25 minutes on 180 Celsius. Make sure it's still a bit uncooked in the middle when you take it out. I do the wobble test - essentially take out the tin and shake it around and it should wobble a little bit - you don't want it to be rock hard but you still want it to stick together.

3. Eat it. Try not burn your tongue because you couldn't be bothered waiting for it to cool. Snowflakes optional but recommended.




Happy eating!
Bec xx


No comments:

Post a Comment