_____________________________________________________________________________________________

HOME | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN'
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 27 May 2012

Returning To The City


















Had a beautiful weekend getting reacquainted with the city. My time in country is over... oh well not that cut although it was nice to get to know everyone in the town. I didn't realise country towns are actually what they are like in movies - where you just walk around and say hi to everyone. I'll miss being über friendly. Naturally, I'm guessing I will slide back into purposely hiding from people I know when I see them out.

One thing I won't miss is the lack of Japanese food. My Baby! First thing I did driving back was stop at Uzu in Caulfield, one of my favourite cheap japanese cafes and desperately order a chicken katsu don. I then booked a hotel room (the drive was hellish. Like normally a 2 and a half hour drive but with the FLOODING everywhere I had to drive at 60km/hr due to my little slippery car... and it took me nearly 4hrs). So hotel room was warranted because there was no way I was sleeping on someones couch after that shit + packing and moving all my stuff in one afternoon. Ok I'm clearly trying to justify it as not an extravagance... but it clearly is and I love it.

So I had the best night ever with me and tv and a giant fluffy bed and a hotel dressing gown. The katsu don was much better than it looks in the photo... egg is very difficult to make attractive I have realised.

Next day I met up with Tas and went to Café Amalia just off Beatty Ave. The two waiters we had were these funny little french guys who I swear knew everyone and did triple air kisses as they came in. I just loved sitting there watching it. I had a mini bacon and avocado roll (it was second breakfast.. first was  bacon and eggs downstairs at the Blackman. Can't ever have too much bacon) and it was super good but next time I'm going back for the pastries. And the little kid waiter. What? He gives very attentive service.

So now after I have written this blog post I realise all I do is eat. Initiating myself back into Melbourne by eating... local much? Oh Melbourne, how I've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment